Garmin Express not finding device: issue solve 2021
Tired fixing ‘Garmin Express not finding device’ issue?
Need certain genuine help with advanced solutions to get rid of your error?
Well- then, this guide is a reliable resolution to your problem!
What is included in the Guide to help you?
If you’re wondering the same, get your answer through the index stated below:
- Points-to-Remember before connecting GPS device to Garmin Express
- How do I get my computer to recognize my Garmin GPS?- Simple Resolution
- Still, Garmin express Mac not detecting device?- Know how-to-fix
- Advanced Solutions to Garmin Express cannot find device Windows
Now, here We GO!!
Tricks to Quick fix Garmin Express no device found Error
If your attached Garmin GPS device is not recognized by the Express program during the Garmin map update, the following tricks and tips may help you.
So, try then one-by-one, unless Garmin Express doesn’t detect your GPS device.
- Begin by rebooting your computer. Also, ensure all the programs and applications on the computer are loaded properly.
- If still Garmin Express not finding a device, check for any loose physical connections of a USB GPS device to the computer.
- In case, everything seems fine at connections end, make sure that you aren’t using any extra hub.
Note: This is essential because most of the hubs transfer only power and not data.
- Next, use only Garmin recommended cables to connect your device with a computer. In case, the computer doesn’t find your Garmin device, try using another port.
- For better connectivity, it’s wise to connect your Garmin device with the ports at the back of your computer.
Note: The port at the back of your system actually provides the best data transfer rate.
- In case the error doesn’t seem to get away, then check your cable. If it’s damaged- replace it with the new one.
- Don’t forget to check the GPS unit port- it must work properly.
- Last but not least, make sure your Garmin GPS unit has a proper battery charged. If it doesn’t, your Garmin Express will not recognize device like Nuvi. And you can get the problem to register and update Garmin Nuvi devices
Important: If there’s any light blinking near the battery icon on your GPS device, place it on charge for 10-15 minutes.
Also, respond appropriately to any prompts displayed on your GPS device.
That’s it, your Garmin Express now detects your GPS device.
Need more help for Garmin device not found error?
Feel free to call on 1-616-216-6886.
Facing different error with Garmin express software read guide: Troubleshooting Garmin software (express) error.
How do I get my computer to recognize my Garmin GPS?
If you’re trying to connect your GPS unit with Garmin Express application for the first time- these steps will surely help you.
- Take a Garmin device USB cable and connect it’s one end to computer port while another to GPS unit.
- After the USB cable is plugged-in, wait for around 60 seconds to let your computer recognize the Garmin device.
- Once the computer displays your GPS unit in its hard drive, download the Garmin Express software.
Note: Select the Express program based on your operating system.
- Later, login to Garmin Express software and click on the Add Device button to allow the Express application to find your GPS unit.
If your Garmin device not detected by Garmin Express on a Mac or Windows, follow the steps in the advanced troubleshooting section.
Want to Fix Garmin Express not finding device issues instantly?
Contact GPS Device Experts @ + 1 (386) 400-0302
Advanced troubleshooting of Garmin Express not finding device Mac
When a computer or Garmin Express won’t see the device, install Mac OS 10.1.1 or newer.
If you are still having trouble connecting your GPS unit to Garmin device, go with the following troubleshooting steps:
- Connect your Garmin device to the computer and tap on the Finder icon on the dock.
- Then, at the top of your computer screen, click on Menu
- Choose the Computer option and you can see the Garmin device icon in the disk drive.
- In case, your GPS unit doesn’t display in the disk drive, try using another USB cable.
|Want to know what type of USB cable is right to connect your GPS device with a computer? See the list below and gather some information: Micro-USB port
These ports are developed to connect devices such as GPS devices, photo printers, smartphones, MP3 players, and digital cameras.
Note: Make sure you purchase the same type of port that comes with your Garmin device, so your GPS unit can communicate with your computer properly.
Mostly used for digital cameras and cellular phones, these ports are somewhat similar to the Micro USB port. However, they differ in size when compared to the above port.
- Next, connect your USB cable directly to the Garmin device instead of using the mount.
After trying all these steps, restart both the Garmin device and the computer. See, if that fixes your error?
Now, if the computer is recognizing the GPS unit but your Garmin express doesn’t- then:
- Launch the Garmin Express application and tap on the Garmin Express option in the Apple menu bar.
- Choose ‘About Garmin Express’ from the drop-down menu and click ‘Check for Updates’ on the prompt screen.
- If get any prompts with updates, click ‘Install Now.’
Still Garmin Express on Mac not finding device?
Contact GPS Experts @ + 1 (386) 400-0302
What to do- if Garmin Express cannot find device Windows?
From September 2018, it has been declared that the issue of Garmin Express not finding device issues will prevail- if you’re not having Windows 7 or newer on your computer.
If this resolution doesn’t connect your GPS unit to a Windows computer or Express application, then:
- Plug-in your Garmin device into PC and press ‘Window key + E’ on the keyboard.
- Next, click the ‘This PC’ option (in case, you are using Windows 10)
Your Windows’ drives with the Garmin device will get listed on the page. In case, you own an old computer, check Removable Storage space for the GPS unit.
- Still Garmin Express does not recognize your device then- change the cable.
- Besides this, test your USB port on both-Garmin devices and PC.
Note: If they are working properly and the cable is connected directly to the GPS port rather than the mount- delve into more advanced solutions.
Disable USB Selective Suspend
On your PC, USB Selective Suspend can potentially cause the Garmin Express GPS device recognition problem. This is mainly because it limits the power to connected Garmin devices. So, to disable this selective suspend:
- Firstly, unplug your Garmin device from the computer.
- Then, open Control Panel-> tap on Hardware and Sound-> Power Options-> Change plan settings-> Change advanced power settings.
- Next, expand the USB selective Band settings and click on Settings
- Lastly, choose ‘Disabled’ from the drop-down menu and click on the OK button to apply the saved changes.
- However, if you’re using a laptop, select the Disable option for both ‘Plugged in’ and ‘On battery.’
Restart your Computer and plug-in your Garmin device back into the computer & TRY AGAIN!!
I Hope, you can see the Garmin device on the computer. In case, the error- Garmin Express not finding device persists, update your Garmin Express (explained in Mac section above).
AT last, reinstall Garmin Express for easy troubleshooting of the problem.
Garmin Express does not recognize SD Card or ANT stick connected to PC?
Contact GPS Experts @ + 1 (386) 400-0302