Fix Roku Error 018- Resolving the Roku Internet Connectivity Issues
The best answer to the question “What is 018 Error Code On Roku? “Could be: Roku Error 018 reflects issues with poor or disabled Internet access when watching channels on Roku. Nothing to worry about as this is an unsurprising situation for every Roku user to deal with.
When you have a Roku streaming device with an ethernet port, it’s best to connect to your router using an ethernet cable, thus reducing the chances of slow or dropped internet connection. A lost connection to the internet could lead to no Roku setup to the problem of streaming channels so that Roku error code 018 will get.
To solve such a Roku issue, you should have some technical and functional skills. Here you’ll read everything you need to know about fixing Roku Error 018 when taking up the work.
In addition, this post will provide you with simple tips on how to address Roku tv error code 18, and it will also act as a helpful reference for those who are punching the following google search strings:
- Roku won’t connect to a wireless network
- Why is my Roku not connecting to the Internet?
- Roku keeps losing connection
- Roku won’t connect to the local network
- Fixing Roku Error 018
- Fix Roku Internet connectivity issues
- Why I am getting Roku error 018
Understanding Roku error code 018 messages “Unable to connect to wireless network” or “Not connected to the internet”?
Check Others Info.
- Fixing Roku Error Code 003 & 005
- Roku Error Code 016
- Fix Roku Error Code 005
- Roku HDCP Error Code 020
Wise concept knowledge can only help you identify the root cause of the problem. So before you jump into the fixing process you better understand your problem first.
You need to connect your Roku to your home network and further to the Internet to watch internet streaming channels through Roku. The working mechanism is the same as connecting your smartphone to Internet access via home wi-fi.
Some connectivity situations in Roku can result in error 018 showing Roku tv. Such conditions may be as follows:
- Connecting your Roku streaming device to your wireless network.
- Wireless Connectivity failure after adding your network login details.
- Lost internet connection while launching a streaming channel.
- Dropped Internet-connect during playback.
Troubleshooting Roku Error 018 connectivity Issues
To troubleshoot such Roku errors you should have some technical and functional competence. This post will provide you with everything you need to know about fixing Roku Error code 018 when taking up the work.
Read carefully as this segment asks you ‘how to solve Error Code 018 On Roku? ‘There are only a few basic troubleshooting techniques you should use to get rid of Roku Error 18.
Try to follow this one by one, once you get your problem resolved you can end this hit and trial job. However, you don’t need to try the rest of the recommendations.
But learn about all of these as in the future, when you encounter the same problem, you may be working on some other trick instead of what this time fixed your problem.
Incorrect Wireless Network
The silliest and most common error we all make is to choose the wrong name of the network. Yeah, believe it or not, when they realized out they were trying to connect to the wrong network name, 65 percent of people have their Roku error code 018 issues fixed. To avoid such a mistake, pick your network name carefully from the list of networks available.
Wrong Password Details
The next goofiest act one could do is punch the wrong password to connect to the Wi-Fi network. As well as testing the CAPS status, make sure you type the right spellings. Type in the wrong password and fix your issue with Roku 018. Above all ensure you know your network password.
Check Router Status
When you find your other devices connected to the internet and have on your mobile, laptop, etc. continuous internet connectivity, but not on ROKU, then you need to check the router status one time. There may be some technical problems with connectivity that your ISP could better guide. Until dialing to your ISP, restart your router once on a general note by simply plugging in and back in or pressing the reset button. If you are unaware of this, check the router back or manual to confirm the correct router restart procedure.
Check for Signal Strength
If all seems fine, like wireless network, its password, and other internet-connected devices but not just ROKU. Then the possible issue is a weakness or no signal. Check that you’ve put your Roku away from the router or that there are too many barriers, walls between the pair. It’s as simple as that; letting ROKU connect its vital to the internet to have strong signal strength. The weak signal will result in a slow or no internet connection, and a Roku Error 018 message is bound to appear.
Restart Roku Device
Still, struggling with the situation regarding Roku Wi-Fi connectivity? Until calling the Roku helpline the best support is to restart your Roku system once. Follow this to restart your Roku: Go to Settings > System > Restart or unplug your Roku computer after a few seconds gap and plug back into the main power supply.
Steps to Resolve Roku Error Code 018
- First of all, check that Internet connection is working and your router receives signals from your ISP (Internet Services Provider).
- Run a quick test to make sure your Internet working properly. Try to open some website like Google, YouTube, etc on another device. If you are able to open these websites that means your router is working fine.
- Now, check the name of the network your Roku device is connected. Make sure it connected with your home network and receive signals.
- Check the strength of your WiFi signals. You can check the signal strength of your WiFi router on your Roku device.
- Follow the steps below to check signal strength:
- Press Home button on Roku remote.
- Go to Setting, Click on Network.
- Select About from the list.
- Here you can find your Signal Strength.
Some other Tips to fix Roku error 018
- Verify twice that you are using right credential for logging your home wireless network.
- Perform a quick system restart and check if slow network error fixed or not.
- Try to reconnect the Roku device to your wireless network.
- Try to connect your device to the Ethernet cable to resolve 018 error.
- Reboot your router and try to reconnect the device.
Hope the above guide will help you to fix slow speed Internet connectivity on Roku and you’ll enjoy your hassle-free movie streaming.
Hopefully, your “What Is Error Code 18 On Roku” and “How to Fix Roku Error 018?” “Appropriate queries. You can write to us in the comment section below, for further information sharing, support, or suggestions.